a Murray & Roberts joint venture company
WEBSITE PRIVACY STANDARD
Please carefully read this Website Privacy Standard, which describes the ways in which we collect information about individuals who visit this website (“Personal Information”), how we hold and use Personal Information and how we respect your privacy rights.
We may change or update this Website Privacy Standard from time to time by posting a new website privacy standard on this website.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS AND FOR WHICH PURPOSES?
Our website does not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to voluntarily provide us with Personal Information which may include information such as your name, birth date, email address or telephone number such as our online portal. We may collect and use this Personal Information to provide you with limited services and particularly customer support, to notify you of services you may request, to market services which you may think to be of interest to you or to communicate with you for any other purposes which are evident from our website or the circumstances or about which we inform you when we collect your Personal Information.
1.1 Personal Information used for website usage analytics:
1. 1.1.1 We may also collect and process information about your visits to this website, such
2. 1.1.2 We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide methods to opt out of the collection of information across our websites or other online services.
3. 1.1.3 Occasionally, we and our third-party service providers may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and one-by-one GIFs) and cookies on the site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third- party partner or a web-analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information, including your IP address, in a foreign country. These tags/cookies may be placed on both online advertisements that bring users to the site and on different pages of the website. We use this technology to measure each visitor’s responses to our website and the effectiveness of any campaigns we may run, including how many times a page is opened, which information is consulted, as well as to evaluate each visitor’s use of this website.
The third-party partner or the web-analytic service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose for us reports regarding the website’s activity and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire other parties to process information on their behalf.
We may use a number of technologies offered by different service providers to support website analytics and user tracking.
We may combine, aggregate or anonymise Personal Information with other data bases and/or sources from which we may collect information, such as public data bases, and providers of demographic information, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
We may use your data for our business purposes including audits, the monitoring and prevention of fraud, infringement and other potential misuse of our products and services, and for modifying our services.
We may also use Personal Information:
if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, request from public and government authorities (including court orders, subpoenas, or government regulations), even outside your country of residence;
if we need to enforce our terms and conditions;
when we believe in good faith that the use of Personal Information is necessary to protect legal rights and/or the security or integrity of this website;
to protect your safety and/or the safety of others;
as part of any criminal and/or other legal investigation or proceeding in your country or in other countries;
to the extent reasonably necessary for the development of or to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a corporate or commercial transaction.
2. WHEN AND TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
1. 2.1 This Website Privacy Standard describes the circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with any AARDEN SOLAR subsidiaries, affiliates and associates worldwide. We may also transfer Personal Information to third parties who act on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed, such as services delivery, evaluating the usefulness of our websites, marketing, advertising, data management or technical support.
2. 2.2 These third parties have contracted with us to only use Personal Information for the agreed purpose, and not to sell Personal Information to third parties, and not to disclose such to third parties except as may be permitted by us, as required by law, or as stated in this Website Privacy Standard.
3. 2.3 We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event that the business or part thereof and the customer data connected with it is sold, assigned or transferred, in which case we would require the buyer, assignee or transferee to treat Personal Information in accordance with this Website Privacy Standard.
4. 2.4 Also, we may disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, request from public and/or government authorities (including court orders, subpoenas or government regulations), even outside your country of residence;
• if we need to enforce our terms and conditions;
• when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to protect legal rights or, the security or integrity of this website;
• to protect your safety and/or the safety of others;
• as part of any criminal and/or other legal investigation or proceeding in your country or in other countries; or
• to third parties, advisors, and other entities to the extent reasonable necessary
for development of or to proceed with negotiation or completion of a corporate or commercial transaction.
5. 2.5 Your Personal Information may also be processed, accessed, or stored in countries outside South Africa. Such countries may offer a different level of protection of Personal Information. If we transfer your Personal Information to external companies in other jurisdictions, we will make sure to protect your Personal Information by applying the level of protection required under applicable data privacy laws.
6. 2.6 For transfers of Personal Information among AARDEN SOLAR subsidiaries, affiliates and associates, Murray & Roberts has adopted a Privacy Standard, to regulate the transfer of Personal Information.
3. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the information collected through our website. Unfortunately, no organisation can guarantee the absolute security of information, especially information transmitted over the internet.
4. HOW DO WE DEAL WITH INFORMATION FROM INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18?
Our website is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 18.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fill the purpose for which such was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
Whenever we process Personal Information, we take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which such was collected.
We will provide you with the ability to exercise the following rights under the conditions and within the limits set out in the law.
If you wish to contact us regarding the use of your Personal Information or you want to object in whole or in part to the processing of your Personal Information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have provided consent you may withdraw such consent unless you have irrevocably waived your consent. You may also request, subject to confidentially obligations and in certain circumstances to:
1. 6.3.1 access your Personal Information as processed by us;
2. 6.3.2 ask for correction or erasure of your Personal Information;
3. 6.3.3 request portability, where applicable, of your Personal Information i.e. that the
Personal Information you have provided to us, is returned to you or transferred to the person of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
7. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
1. 7.1 Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer when your visit a website. Cookies on AARDEN SOLAR websites do lots of different tasks, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences and generally improving your experience of a website.
2. 7.2 Some countries’ laws state that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of this website, but that for all others we need your permission.
3. 7.3 AARDEN SOLAR sites may use some non-essential cookies. We do not do this to track individual users or to identify them, but to gain useful knowledge about how the sites are used so that we can keep improving them for our users. Without the knowledge we gain from the systems that use these cookies we would not be able to provide some of the services we do.
8. PRIVACY AT AARDEN SOLAR
1. 8.1 Responsible use of Personal Information is a value at AARDEN SOLAR.
2. 8.2 AARDEN SOLAR fully respects privacy laws and is subject to an internal framework of privacy rules as set out in its Privacy Standard.
3. 8.3 The internal transfer of data is governed by a Privacy Standard which is a synopsis of privacy principles, rules and tools intended to ensure the protection of Personal Information. This Standard represents today’s best practice for the transfer of Personal Information within a group of companies.
9. CONTACT US
1. 9.1 If you wish to contact us regarding how we use your Personal Information or you wish to exercise your data privacy rights please email us at INFO@AARDENSOLAR.COM or write to us at the following address:
2. 47 Venturi Cres, Hennopspark, Centurion,
3. 9.2 In order to facilitate the most efficient answer, please provide the following information:
• name of the site to which you are referring;
• your relationship and interaction with us;
• description of information you would like to receive from us.